We are on a specific mission…
Wananchi is the leading business providing affordable entertainment and connectivity for the rapidly growing middle class in East Africa. The group is revolutionising the communications space though the delivery of innovative, value for money entertainment and broadband internet services in a manner that inspires and delights our residential and business customers.
It’s simple really, our mission is to create stakeholder value by becoming the leading company providing affordable, must-have entertainment and communications services for the wananchi in East Africa, through the delivery of innovative, internet, voice, data and pay TV services to residential and corporate customers at an affordable price in a manner that delights and inspires our customers.
…with a very clear vision
Our vision serves as the framework for our Roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
- Portfolio: Bring to East Africa a portfolio of quality entertainment communications brands that anticipate and satisfy the desires and needs of the rapidly growing middle classes.
- Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
- Planet: Be a responsible citizen that makes a difference by helping build and support sustainable communities.
- Profit: Maximize long-term return to share owners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
- Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization
We are a unique vertically integrated business…
Established in 2008, the Wananchi Group Holdings (Wananchi) is East Africa’s leading home entertainment operator. And a serious player in the corporate communications market too. It takes it’s name and underlying ethos from the former Wananchi Online, which was committed to servicing the emerging African mass consumer market through provision of high quality yet affordable home internet services. Today It is a fully vertically integrated media and telecoms company consisting of several business divisions providing a unique set of services in the markets in which we operate.
The Wananchi Group is present in East Africa through a range of business propositions:
- ZUKU DTH pay TV services across East Africa
- ZUKU residential fibre broadband , Pay TV and telephone services, currently in Kenya
- ZUKU programming – we make our own pay TV programming to keep our ZUKU residential customers even more delighted
- Corporate services under the brands Simbanet, Alldean and Isat across East Africa and beyond
… operating to very specific core values
What we do is important stuff. And we try to do it very seriously, but our values are clear, we want to offer a serious service in a manner that is:
Easy – we aim to provide services that are simple to use and understand, yet are sophisticated in their provision. We want our customers relationship with the business to be easy to manage because we are…
Human – we provide communications services with a human face in a manner that is…
Positive – in everything we do. We are passionate about our business and we want you to be as well. We are committed in heart and mind to what we do and how we do it and, at the same time we are a provider of ….
Quality – What we do, we do well.
And overall we seek to challenge. We strive to be disturbingly different. It’s an attitude.